I'm so excited you guys! It's my first real episode of the podcast (my last episode was just me saying hi).
I'm a morning person. It's not the time of day when I'm most creative, but a good morning just heals my soul... it's kind of hard to explain. SUffice it to say, I'm definitely prone to "getting up on the wrong side of the bed" so morning routines have been a big part of my life since I was about 15. So that meant that abandoning a morning routine would mean breaking an almost 10 year habit, but I knew I had to do it.
I'm so grateful that I finally was able to recognize that my habit wasn't serving me. There was definitely a period of time when I had a lot of resistance around ditching my morning routine, and I'm not going to lie, the worksheet download I've got for you listeners in this episode really helped calm my nerves and ease into letting go. If your mornings aren't working for you, I really suggest clicking the link and getting one for yourself!
Here are the highlights:
- No two people are alike
- Repeating the same steps everyday would only make me feel good sometimes
- I don't always feel like doing the best things
- Now, I prioritize a few things to do every morning, but I leave lots of time to flow from task to task and start the day peacefully
- Prioritize starting your day as positively as possible
- Eliminate draining tasks from your morning by doing them the night before
Thanks so much for listening! If you loved this episode, please consider leaving a rating or review! I know podcasters are always saying that but it really helps me get my name out there!
Lots of love,